API 5L Welded Pipe
API 5L Welded line pipe is made as per the American Petroleum Institute specification. API 5L is used in transportation system. In industries such as Textile, Dairy, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Sugar, Paper, Chemical & Fertilizers, Engineering, Power Generation and Nuclear Industries, the API 5L Welded line pipe could be used as a fluid pipe, water pipe, line pipe, structure steel tube, and piling tubes.
API 5L Welded line pipe is manufactured in compliance with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 3183 standards. This standardizes the standards for the petrochemical, refining and natural gas sectors for products, facilities, and offshore structures.
More about API 5L Welded line pipe
Welded Pipe manufacturing types is differentiate in 3 welding types: ERW (Electric Resistance Welding), LSAW (Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welding), and SSAW (Spirally Submerged Arc Welding) welding types.
ERW pipe is a type of Resistance pipe stands apart from welded pipe and DC welded pipe in two different manners as listed below. Based on the welding frequency, the IF welding for low frequency and the ultra-IF welding for high frequency. In case of thin-walled pipe, there is a high frequency weld used typically in case of contact welding and induction welding. When the usage is for a small-diameter pipe, they make use of DC welding. There is a high frequency welding process used to manufacture pipes that are comprehensive and is of ERW type. For oil and gas storage, the best recommended type is ERW longitudinal, owing to its quality, ease of transport and cost.
Both LSAW pipe and SSAW pipe are SAW pipe (Submerged Arc Welding Steel Pipe), is manufactured by making use of a submerged arc soldering process for preparing the steel and it results in high density pipe. Owing to the flux layer, there is no instant heat loss and it gets concentrated near the weld. It results in high quality, highly efficient arc and smoke, which finds intensive usage in pressure vessels, pipe manufacturing, beams, fluids, steel works etc. SAW pipe find its main usage in LSAW pipe, which is Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welding pipe.
ERW welded pipe manufacturing for the pipe below 24 in, 609 mm.
ERW/HFW Longitudinally Welding Steel Line Pipe (Electric Resistance Welding ) Manufacturing Flow Chart
Uncoiling – Flattening – Shearing and Butt Welding – Loop Storing – Plate UT – Trimming – Forming – High Frequency Welding – Removal of Inside and Outside Blurs – Ultrasonic Testing – Annealed by Medium Frequency – Air Cooling – Water Cooling – Sizing – Straightness – Cutting Off – Dimension and Initial Surface Inspection – Pipe Ends Beveling – Hydrostatic Test – Ultrasonic Testing of Entire Tube – Off Line Ultrasonic Testing – Ultrasonic Testing for Pipe Ends – Dimension and Final Surface Inspection – Corrosion Resistant Coating – Marking – Pipe Ends Protection – Inspection and Warehousing.
- High impact strength API ERW PIPES
- Hydrostatically tested API ERW PIPES
- Leak proof
- Epoxy coated API ERW PIPES
- Impact Tested API ERW PIPES
- 3 layer Polyethylene and Polypropylene coating
- API ERW PIPES As per American Petroleum Institute standards
- Extra-strong threaded line
- Epoxy Coated WELDED API TUBES
- Rust Preventive Varnish ON API ERW PIPES
- Heavy Wall WELDED API TUBES
Types of API ERW PIPE:
- PSL 1 API ERW PIPES
- PSL 2 API ERW PIPES
- API WELDED NACE ERW PIPES
- API SOUR SERVICE ERW PIPES
- API OFFSHORE SERVICE ERW PIPES
- API ERW PIPE
- API HIC TESTED ERW PIPE
- API WELDED ERW NACE MR0175 PIPE
- API WELDED ERW NACE MR0103 PIPE
- API WELDED ERW/HFW PSL 1 PIPE
- API WELDED ERW/HFW PSL 2 PIPE
- API LOGITDUNALLY WELDED ERW PIPE
- Technical parameters:
- Sizes:½”NB to 120” NB – API ERW PIPE
- Thickness:SCH 10 to SCH XXS – API ERW PIPE
- Testing:NACE MR0175, MR0103/ ISO 3183/NACE TM0284 HIC & SSC and impact tested at -50 degree Celsius, TRANSVERSE GUIDED WELD BEND TEST – API ERW PIPE
- Certificate:EN 10204 3. 1 & EN 10204 3. 2– API ERW PIPE
- Materialof Construction: Carbon Steel WELDED API ERW PIPES as per AMERICAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE
- Delivered as:
- As rolled API ERW PIPE
- Normalized API ERW PIPE
- Normalizing Forming API ERW PIPE
- Hot Forming API ERW PIPE
- Cold Forming API ERW PIPE
- Quenching & Tempering API ERW PIPE
- Thermomechanical rolled/ formed API ERW PIPE
- Normalized & tempered API ERW PIPE
- Quenched & tempered API ERW PIPE
- Petrochemical industry
- Petroleum industry
- Natural gas industry
|API 5L GRADE B PSL1||API 5L GRADE X100M PSL2|
|API 5L GRADE X42 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X120M PSL2|
|API 5L GRADE X46 PSL1||API 5L GRADE BMS|
|API 5L GRADE X52 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X42MS|
|API 5L GRADE X56 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X46MS|
|API 5L GRADE X60 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X52MS|
|API 5L GRADE X65 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X56MS|
|API 5L GRADE X70 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X60MS|
|API 5L GRADE X80 PSL1||API 5L GRADE X65MS|
|API 5L GRADE BM PSL2||API 5L GRADE X70MS|
|API 5L GRADE X42M PSL2||API 5L GRADE BMO|
|API 5L GRADE X46M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X42MO|
|API 5L GRADE X52M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X46MO|
|API 5L GRADE X56M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X52MO|
|API 5L GRADE X60M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X56MO|
|API 5L GRADE X65M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X60MO|
|API 5L GRADE X70M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X65MO|
|API 5L GRADE X80M PSL2||API 5L GRADE X70MO|
|API 5L GRADE X90M PSL2|
LSAW pipe manufacturing process for diameters from 20 in (508 mm) to 40 in (1016 mm).
LSAW Welded Steel Line Pipe Manufacturing Flow Chart:
Plate UT – Vacuum Lifting – Ultrasonic Inspection – Edge Milling – Pre Bending – Type J Forming – Type C Forming – Type O Forming – Tack Welding By CO2 Gas Shield Arc Welding – Tab Welding – Inside Welding – Outside Welding – Removal of Tab Plate – Cleaning – Rounding – X Test – Ultrasonic Testing – Washing Before Expansion – Mechanical Expansion – Washing After Expansion – Straightness – Hydrostatic Test – Ultrasonic Testing – Weld Grinding for Pipe Ends – Mechanical Facing – X Ray Test for Body and Both Ends – Ultrasonic Testing for Pipe Ends – Magnetic Particle Inspection For Both Ends – Weighing and Measuring Length – Product Inspection – Outside Coating – Inside Coating – Marking – Packing and Warehousing
SSAW pipe manufacturing process for diameters up to 60 in (1524 mm)
SSAW Steel Pipe Manufacturing Flow Chart:
Uncoiling – Flattening – Shearing and Butt Welding – Edge Milling – Preliminary Rolling – Forming – Inside and Outside Welding – Cutting Off – Ultrasonic Testing – X Ray Test – Weld Grinding for Pipe Ends – Expanding at Pipe Ends – Hydrostatic Test – Ultrasonic Inspection – Pipe Ends Beveling – X Test – Production Inspection – Marking – Warehousing
Key differences between SAW (LSAW, SSAW) and ERW pipe
As above manufacturing processes we can see SAW (LSAW, SSAW) and ERW pipes are entirely different right from formation, welding etc. and hence, the performance of both the pipes differ in the following aspects:
1. The surface quality of ERW pipes are better when compared to SAW (LSAW, SSAW) pipes, as they are smooth and have a better finish. In most of the SAW pipes, it is mainly about the weld reinforcement internally and externally.
2. The defects found in ERW pipes are lesser than SAW pipes. As there is a solvent deposit in SAW pipes, it results in more defects apart from the defects in the volume. The defects found in ERW pipes are only confined to wire-line and straight welds and it can be inspected easily. The defects can be noticed easily and the ultrasonic reflection on the surface makes it easier to detect.
3. The residual stress ratio in ERW is lower than SAW pipes. As ERW pipe deformation happens more in ERW followed by a sizing of flat oval, it results in elliptical vertical changes and necking, thereby making the stress smaller. The displacement of ERW pipes was smaller when compared along the axial and transverse incisions for comparison with SAW pipes built using the same material and it was also easy to detect.
4. Although the overall performance of both ERW and SAW pipes are the same, once the pipes have defect, the steel scrap and welding can be done on ERW, while it is not the same in case of SAW, which would result in cracking or corrosion, making the ERW more durable.
We have the complete range of pipes in both PSL1 and PSL2 in seamless and welded to meet your needs. Plus, we can ship globally with a fast turn-around time at the best price.
PSL1 and PSL2 are the two product specification levels which the Technical Committee accepted.
PSL 1 contains standard quality pipes, while PSL 2 pipes have specific chemical & mechanical properties and their testing requirements are also special.
As a manufacturer and supplier it gives us greater control over delivery schedules and custom orders for our client’s.